A glimpse into my quilting journey - projects, tips, techniques, and more.
Friday, April 6, 2012
This is the state my quilted started in today. I finished all the blocks earlier this week, and now it's time to start assembly. It's not quite finished yet, but I hope to have it done by the end of the day. Holiday Friday's make for great progress in the sewing room.
After I finished all the pink and green blocks, I auditioned a couple of border options. It was easy to pick - the one on the left wins. Now the only problem is, the extension I made to the center row is the wrong width for the double border. So I'll have to figure out how I want to extend it.
Of course, changing the plan midway leads to trouble. The first thing I did was cut the wrong border strips and attach a floral border directly to the pink blocks. Rats. It's a good thing I stopped at the quilt shop yesterday and picked up this new seam ripper. I already have 3 of them, but the newest one is at least 8 years old. So I treated myself to a new one - and WOW! I barely have to use any pressure at all to cut threads. What a change. This made quick work of detaching the wrong border, and I now have the first round of border attached to the quilt.
Now I think I need to head outside to enjoy some of this sunshine, before it disappears. I'm linking up to Finish it up Friday with Crazy Mom this week. Drop by to see what everyone has accomplished this week. And come back here tomorrow to see how many of the borders I manage to finish today.