Monday 9 April 2012

What's on your bed?


Bonnie asked us "What's on your bed?" today.  I'm not willing to show a picture of my bed *today* because I was in a rush this morning.  But this is the quilt that's on my bed, and what it looks like on a good day.  I really like this quilt.  It took me 3 years to get up the nerve to cut into the fabric to make it, but once I did, it went together really nicely.  I think if I were making it again now, with all I've learned, the borders would be different, and the quilt a touch larger for my queen-sized bed.

However, despite how much I like that one, this is the quilt that I wish was on my bed.  My pink links is one of my favourite quilts, despite the fact that it's pink (not a typical colour for me).  Sadly, it is a touch too small to really fit the queen size bed, especially after the first washing.  So it tends to rest as a foot warmer on the end of the of bed, just so I can keep it out in the open.  If/when I get a spare bedroom setup, this quilt is going on the guest bed.

9 comments:

  1. I can see why - that's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful...but I agree with you...I really really love the pink one...not my color either; but love the pattern and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are beautiful. I am building up to a blue quilt myself. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both of your quilts. I like the graphics of both but have to admit I'm almost always drawn to blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue colors...nice quilts..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quilts are beautiful, but I prefer the dramatic look of the pink one too. My bed (the master one) does not even have it's own quilt, so I can't show it to you. Maybe one day. That doesn't mean I don't have lots of quilts though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOO....I agree. That pink one is a charmer! But I have to say I like how the blue one frames your bed very nicely! I'm envious that you have TWO bed quilts! :-) You did a lovely job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blue quilt - that is one of my "someday" projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both quilts, but also agree with you because pink is my color!

    ReplyDelete