Wednesday 11 April 2012

Making Progress

The quilting on Pink Posies is coming along nicely.  The center squares are all done now, and just the 2 borders left to do.  Unfortunately, that means marking the quilting pattern, which is one of my least favourite steps in the process.  At least I have an idea how I want to quilt the borders, so the marking should go fairly quickly.

Still no good picture here,  but I'll get some when all the quilting is done.  This quilt is really heavy - I must have bought a different batting than last time, because it weighs a ton, and I don't recall my last quilt being this hard to maneuver.

 The other quilt in "progress" this week is Orca Bay.  I think I've decided to do a purple piano key border on.  I'm trying to figure out how many strips I need to cut from my purples, and so far the count is at 22.  That seems high, so I need to check my math on that.

I'm linking up to Work in Progress Wednesday this week, over at Freshly Pieced.  Drop by to see what everyone else is working on this week.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! That Orca Bay is really vibrant! Love the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I love the colors in your Orca Bay quilt - beautiful! Have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts! The Orca Bay quilt is brilliant... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! your Orca Bay quilt is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete