Wednesday 4 April 2012

Pink & Green Progress

I finished the blocks for my pink and green quilt today.



Some of the readers suggested reversing the colours, but keeping a pink block in the center.  So I moved some bits around to have a look at what that produced.  I like it!  I think this brings the balance I was looking for, and lightens the overall look. Since the pink is much darker than I planned, I think this may be the right choice.

I did have to remake a number of blocks, to get the edges to all flow correctly.  But that went pretty quickly.  I'll extend the green center into the first round of the border, to complete the diamond.

And now looking at it, I see that I have to rework the borders again.  I had a narrow dark green border planned first, but that will mess with the diamond.  Needs more thought, so I guess I'll sleep on that.

2 comments:

  1. I really like what you've come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea. It looks great this way.

    ReplyDelete