Sunday 7 January 2018

Cardinals


Another finish from the end of last year. In pulling out projects to work on at a retreat, I stumbled across some fabric I had been hoarding - a fat quarter bundle of these cardinals and some coordinating fabrics.  So, I took it along to a retreat and decided to figure something out.

First, I cut the cardinal fabric apart and frame each bird with one of the fat quarters. I liked the blue for background, but it wasnt' quite enough to go around all the birds - but then I realized I had lots of the trees left, from the cardinal piece. So I lined them up, trying to complete the trees from inside the frames in some places. Filled the rest in with the blue, and voila!

I custom quilted it, continuing the birch trees in the blank spaces and it is now hanging in my front window for the month of January (my goal is a different hanging for each month - a quilt in the window helps clients identify my house when they come)

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Also like your idea to use quilts to identify your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it suggests spring might come sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete