Sunday, January 7, 2018
Another finish from the end of last year. In pulling out projects to work on at a retreat, I stumbled across some fabric I had been hoarding - a fat quarter bundle of these cardinals and some coordinating fabrics. So, I took it along to a retreat and decided to figure something out.
First, I cut the cardinal fabric apart and frame each bird with one of the fat quarters. I liked the blue for background, but it wasnt' quite enough to go around all the birds - but then I realized I had lots of the trees left, from the cardinal piece. So I lined them up, trying to complete the trees from inside the frames in some places. Filled the rest in with the blue, and voila!
I custom quilted it, continuing the birch trees in the blank spaces and it is now hanging in my front window for the month of January (my goal is a different hanging for each month - a quilt in the window helps clients identify my house when they come)