Tuesday 2 January 2018

Reindeer



This is a post-Christmas holiday post. I have had this reindeer panel in my stash for a couple of years now. It goes with the Christmas tree (finished and hanging in my front window every December) and the wreath (quilted but not bound, wall hanging).  I finally decided it was time to get him out and do something.  I had originally made the log cabin blocks to frame the wreath, but decided that did not need anything, so they were re-purposed here for the reindeer.  The corner snowflakes were originally attached to the panel. Removing them gave me a nice ratio to work with, and the bonus corner blocks. Which was perfect, because I was out of fabric for the log cabins.

The border print was originally going to be the backing, but I had a grey flannel that I used instead, to make it soft and cuddly.  Again, I had just enough to cut continuous, upright, strips of reindeer for the borders.  The binding isn't attached in this photo, but it is dark blue. Quilt was finished in time to snuggle under it for Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

  1. So lovely and would be appropriate for any winter night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! I just love the border.

    ReplyDelete