Monday 15 January 2018

January UFO

Judy over at Patchwork Times is really trying to get me off to a rough start this year.  Her UFO challenge started this month, and she picked #10.  Great, I checked my list. And this is #10 - my purple labyrinth quilt that I've been avoiding since 2013. Sigh.

I guess it's time to fish or cut bait here.  I debated switching it out for a different (easier) UFO. But then I thought - if I actually get this one done this month it will be a great way to kick off a great UFO completion year. So, I pulled it out, got myself mentally set for working on it, and promptly put it aside.  But I had a good reason - I couldn't put it on the longarm before Jan 11, because I needed it for a trunk show (and it would definitely not have been done by then).

Instead, I pulled some fabric for the backing - I decided on a scrappy, pieced backing in order to continue my efforts to reduce stash, rather than buying more. I think I had bought a backing for this, but ended up using it for a different quilt.  I'm not 100% happy with the backing, but it will do. No photos today - I forgot to take a picture before I loaded the quilt.

Progress is being made - the quilt is up off the floor and I think 3 more rows will get it completed - tomorrow I hope, because the longarm is rented for Wednesday and this will have to come off, finished or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment