Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Getting closer!

The labyrinth quilt is now off the frame and ready for binding. It truly looks like I'll get this one done this month!

Here's a close-up of some of the quilting. I free-motion quilted all the sections, picking one design for each colour. The walls are quilted with 2 different wavy designs to look like vertical lines. Straight (ish) lines in the cream sections (wall tops). And pebbles in the darkest area, for a cobblestone floor.

I picked a thread I had on hand that blended well with the 3 darker colours. Unfortunately it is a discontinued thread line and I only had a single partial cone of it. But I figured I'd try, and come up with an alternate plan if I ran out part way through. Well, someone was looking out for me, because I finished the whole quilt, with just a few winds of thread left on my spool!

Binding is now attached, and 1/3 sewn on.

I'm linking up with the Needle and Thread Network's WIP Wednesday today.

4 comments:

  1. you are right someone was looking out for you ... only happened to me once the next time no deal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! I LOVE IT! The 3D affect is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete