Friday 25 January 2013

Friday Night Sew-In

I just realized that tonight is Friday Night Sew-In night.  And, surprise, I just finished spending 2.5 hours sewing.  So, I'm going to link up after the fact, and join the party.  This is what I've been working on tonight.  The bear paw blocks were already done, as were most of the alternate blocks. I made the last of the setting triangles tonight, and just have the corners to do now.

This quilt is based on a design from Judy at Patchwork Times.   She always has the greatest designs, and since I've never done a bear's paw before, I decided to quilt along with her when she posted this pattern.  I didn`t want to deal with the half-bear`s paw blocks, so I changed it up a bit.


And, because it's also "what's on your needles" Friday over at Patchwork Times, here is what is *off* my needles this week.  Fingerless mitts for my sister, completed and mailed.  And, apparently, perfect for reading her ipad on the bus going to work :)

2 comments:

  1. Both very nice projects! I am almost done with a pair of fingerless mitts - they are for my neighbor who plays the organ at church - when she goes over there to practice she says it is cold! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors in your quilt top. It is going to be beautiful when finished.

    ReplyDelete