This is my UFO finish for January. After languishing for 2 years in my "to do" pile, I finally loaded it up and quilted it. I already showed this quilt once, but I wanted to post it again with a bit more of it's history. Looking back through my posts, I started it the weekend of January 17, 2010, so it was almost exactly 3 years start to finish.
So, after much debate about whether I could stretch the whole thing
while quilting, I finally took off the borders and recalculated.
In order to keep the piano keys even, and preserve my nicely matched mitred corners, I added a narrow gold border before the dark brown one. In the end, I think this improved the overall look of the quilt, so it was a good mistake :)
I'm linking up with "A Lovely Year of Finishes" this month. Drop by to see what everyone else has accomplished.