The first stash report of 2013. And already I have a bunch of fabric used, that I forgot to track as I cut it. I think this year I am going to make a change in my reporting methods. I will continue to report only stash out, as incoming stash is not (currently) an issue for me. And, this year I think I will report stash used when the top is complete, backing when it is loaded on the long arm, and binding when I attach it. That should help me keep track, and avoid double counting (or missing completely) any fabric. Especially for those on-going block of the month projects I have so many of this year.
So, for this year's first stash report, I have one completed quilt top, and one quilt loaded on the long arm, so I can count its backing. That's 5 yards for backing. The quilt top used 5 1/4 yards, plus 2 1/2 yards for borders. But I counted 1 1/2 yards last year, so that's 6 1/4 yards I can count today. And the end result of those 6 1/4 yards is my version of Bonnie's Easy Street Mystery. A smaller version, with extended borders. It measures about 60x80, and is just right for a twin bed.
Those who participated in Bonnie's mystery may note that I did not choose my "dark grey" very well. It blends completely into my black&white background fabric. However, I still like the end results, desipte that missing feature.
Total stash used this week: 11 1/4 yards
Check out Judy's blog for more 2013 stash reports. And on Monday I'll be linking up to Bonnie's Easy Street reveal linkup.